Sunday 25th October 2020
Black Hill Conservation Park: Foxfield Oval, Athelstone, Australia
The Black Hill Challenge is amongst South Australia's oldest trail running events, raising money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service and St John Ambulance. It is a gruelling event, but well-worth the effort.
This run takes you past some of the most beautiful scenery in the Adelaide Hills through the Black Hill Conservation Park.
It is run jointly for non-profit by the Lions Club of Rostrevor and the 4WD Adventurer's Club of SA for over 18 years.
This event involves an arduous ascent which can require considerable physical exertion. If you have any medical condition which may be aggravated by strenuous physical exertion you should obtain medical advice before participating.
Strenuous physical exertion without adequate fluid intake can be dangerous.
While participating you are urged to ensure you keep physical exertion within your capabilities and drink frequently. (Drinking water will be supplied to competitors along the course).
1. Competitors must be at Foxfield Oval by 7:30 am on the day of the event.
2. Competitor number patches will be issued from 7:00 am on the day of the event.
3. Late entries will be accepted on the day of the event from 7.00 am.
4. Competitors must follow the instructions of the Course Marshals at all times.
5. The course will be as marked, starting and finishing at Foxfield Oval.
6. Competitors must complete the marked course – on foot and without assistance.
7. Any deviation from the marked course will result in disqualification.
8. Runners will reach the summit of Black Hill before returning to Foxfield Oval.
9. Competitors compete in this event entirely at their own risk.
10. If extreme weather conditions force closure of Black Hill Park the event will be cancelled.
Lions Club of Rostrevor
5 The Promenade, Northgate